Interfaith Leadership Institutes (ILIs) equip undergraduate students and their staff or faculty advisors with the skills to engage diverse religious and non-religious identities to build the interfaith movement on their campuses.
- Students train to be interfaith leaders who build relationships across identities, tell powerful stories to bridge divides, and learn about ways to mobilize their campuses.
- Staff and faculty share best practices about how to be an ally to student leaders, partner with their students to create change on their campuses, and network with other higher education professionals.
- All participants get a chance to build relationships, network, and share best practices with other people from across the country who are passionate about interfaith work. Additionally, everyone will have the opportunity to access key resources and strategies for mobilizing their campuses for interfaith cooperation, such as Better Together, a network of young interfaith leaders changing the world through interfaith cooperation.
Any undergraduate student and their staff or faculty advisor(s) at a college or university within the United States is eligible to attend. Please note that in order to be eligible to attend an ILI, staff and faculty members must bring at least one undergraduate student with them from their university. Graduate students must serve in an advisor or staff role to undergraduate students on their campus in order to be eligible to attend.
Want more details? Learn about what happens at the ILI with answers to our most frequently asked questions.
Upcoming ILIs - The standard fee to attend an ILI is $299 (lodging and travel not included). Make sure to check the registration pages for discount and scholarship information.
- Atlanta ILI: January 22-24th, 2016
Registration Opens: September 15th, 2015
Early Bird Deadline: December 8th, 2015 at midnight CST
Final Deadline: January 6th, 2016 at midnight CST
- Chicago ILI: August 5-7th, 2016
Registration Opens: March 3rd, 2016
Early Bird Deadline: June 2nd, 2016 at midnight CST
Final Deadline: July 14th, 2016 at midnight CST