No purchase, donation, or pledge necessary. A purchase, donation, or pledge will not increase your chances of winning.
The sponsor is using the technology of Drupal on IFYC.org and NGO Connect on the Force.com platform and PayPal to administer this Giveaway.
Interfaith Youth Core’s Giveaway ("Giveaway") starts on May 1, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. CDT and ends on June 1, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. CDT ("Giveaway Period"). The Giveaway sponsor is Interfaith Youth Core (“IFYC”), 325 N. LaSalle, Suite 775, Chicago, IL 60654 ("Sponsor"). Sponsor's decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Sweepstakes at any time without any obligation or prior notice to participants.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Interfaith Youth Core’s Giveaway is open to all current residents of the United States (including US territories) who are the age of majority or older in the US, where promotions are allowed. Void where prohibited. The Giveaway sponsor is Interfaith Youth Core (“IFYC”), 325 N. LaSalle, Suite 775, Chicago, IL 60654 ("Sponsor"). Employees of Sponsor (and officers, directors, agents, and representatives thereof), advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration, or fulfillment of this Giveaway, and their immediate families, are ineligible to participate in the Giveaway. Void where prohibited by operation of law. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED DURING THE GIVEAWAY PERIOD.
2. HOW TO ENTER. Prospective participants can enter the Sweepstakes via three separate channels during the Giveaway Period.
- Send in a completed IFYC Donation Card (as distributed to you by IFYC) with a donation.
- Send a letter to the Sponsor (325 N. LaSalle, Suite 775, Chicago, IL 60654) with your contact information, indicating your desire to enter the Giveaway.
- Call IFYC at 312-376-4764 to make a donation over the phone.
- Call IFYC at 312-376-4764 to enter without making a donation over the phone. You will be asked to provide your contact information.
- Complete a donation at ifyc.org/donate.
- Complete the short form at ifyc.org/enter to enter the contest without making a donation. You will be asked to provide your contact information.
No other methods of entry will be accepted.
Online entries for the Giveaway Prize must be received no later than 5 p.m. CDT on Monday, June 1, 2015 according to the computer time on Sponsor’s server.
Mail entries must arrive at the Sponsor’s office (325 N. LaSalle, Suite 775, Chicago, IL 60654) by 5 p.m. CDT on Monday, June 1, 2015.
Phone entries must be completed by 5 p.m. CDT on Monday, June 1, 2015.
IFYC supporters are invited to donate to the organization at any time, even after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes. However, donations to IFYC will only result in a corresponding entry in the Sweepstakes if they are received in a manner described in these Rules.
Entrants must provide a valid email address or home phone number. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, corrupted entries. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries may not be acknowledged, except as required by United States Internal Revenue Service regulations surrounding charitable giving. Persons discovered entering under several names will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Selected Giveaway Entrant, the Selected Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened, or the person in whose name the telephone number was activated.
ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. MULTIPLE DONATIONS BY ONE PERSON WILL ONLY RESULT IN ONE ENTRY FOR THAT PERSON.
3. ODDS. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION. Each qualified entry will be entered into the random drawing for the Prize. Drawing will be held on or about the 3rd day after the close of the Giveaway (“Drawing Date”). On the Drawing Date, up to six (6) entrants (“Selected Entrants”) will be selected, at random by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period, for the Prize described below.
The Selected Entrant(s) will be notified by email or phone at the discretion of Sponsor. Selected Entrant(s) will be required to respond by email or phone within seventy-two hours of attempted notification. Failure to respond to the notification within seventy-two hours of attempted notification may result in forfeiture of the prize at the discretion of Sponsor and, in such case, Sponsor will randomly select an alternate entrant chosen at random from among the remaining eligible entries. Selected Entrants may also be sent a declaration of eligibility and liability and publicity release (“Release”). The first and last name, occupation, hometown, and photograph of each Selected Entrant, may be published in Sponsor’s publication(s) and marketing materials and on its website(s), including without limitation Interfaith Youth Core e-newsletters, messages to IFYC’s community of supporters, and/or the IFYC.org website and social media sites. Unless restricted by law, Selected Entrants will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. An alternate selected entrant will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a selected entrant (i) cannot be reached, (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents within the time frame specified therein, as required pursuant to these Official Rules, or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason.
The exact timing and date of both the drawing and the Prize event are subject to change at the discretion of the Sponsor. If, after communicating scheduling needs with IFYC staff, the Sponsor is unable to find a suitable time for all Selected Entrants to participate in the Prize event, Selected Entrants who are unavailable for the chosen time and date of the Prize will forfeit the Prize. An alternate selected entrant (or multiple alternate selected entrants) will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry.
5. PRIZE(s). Six (6) winners will receive the opportunity to participate in one, shared online conversation with Krista Tippett, host and executive producer of the public radio show On Being (“Prize”). The Prize conversation will be moderated Dr. Ebrahim Patel, Founder and President of Interfaith Youth Core. The conversation will take place via a medium of Sponsor’s choosing, including without limitation phone conference call, Skype, or another online video chat service provider. IFYC reserves the right to select the medium for the conversation and to change the medium at any time, though IFYC staff will make a reasonable effort to accommodate Selected Entrant preferences. The Prize conversation will last for a duration of at least fifteen (15) minutes, with an expected duration of thirty (30) minutes; however, IFYC reserves the right to select and/or change the duration of the phone call at any time.
Total Approximate Retail Value: $200.
Selected Entrants are not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated Approximate Retail Value, and any difference between stated Approximate Retail Value and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize provided; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to offer additional prizes in this Sweepstakes at any time at its discretion.
All Prizes may be awarded in the form of voucher(s), coupon(s), and/or gift card(s) at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize or prize component(s) once in the possession or control of the actual Giveaway prize recipient. If Selected Entrants are unable to participate in or accept a Giveaway prize or any portion thereof for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Selected Entrants. No part of any prize is redeemable for cash, regardless of reason.
6. CONDITIONS. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Giveaway will be the sole responsibility of each Selected Entrant. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws of the United States. By participating, Selected Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Giveaway or these Official Rules. Selected Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages, or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse, or use of any prize or participation in any Giveaway-related activity or participation in this Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right to cancel the Giveaway should it suspect fraud or for reasons out of the control of Sponsor. Sponsor shall not be liable for (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled, or unintelligible entries, communications, or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone, or computer hardware, software, or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays, or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, or destruction, or unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of a prize, or by participation in the Giveaway; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative, or technological errors in any materials associated with the Giveaway. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Giveaway will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Illinois. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Giveaway MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE Giveaway. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s full name, photograph, statements, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with these Giveaway on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission, or further compensation.
9. WINNER'S LIST AND GIVEAWAY RULES. To obtain a copy of these official rules or a winners’ list within ninety days of the close of this Giveaway, send your request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to IFYC Giveaway, Interfaith Youth Core, 325 N. LaSalle, Suite 775, Chicago, IL 60654. Selected Entrants’ lists will be sent once all Selected Entrants have been verified and prize(s) has/have been awarded. VT residents need not affix postage.