JOIN OUR TEAM
Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) is looking for a creative, collaborative Web/Multimedia Designer to join our team of interfaith leaders!
WHAT WE DO
Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) is a national non-profit organization working towards an America where people of different faiths, worldviews, and traditions can bridge differences and find common values to build a shared life together. To realize this vision, IFYC partners with American colleges and universities and other higher education stakeholders to help make interfaith cooperation a vital part of the college experience. Active since 2002, IFYC supports a network of students, educators, and administrators spanning over 550 U.S. colleges and universities. Beyond campus, IFYC is a trusted partner to major organizations leading innovation in 21st century higher education, including the American Association of Colleges & Universities, the Council of Independent Colleges, the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators, and many others. In wider civil society, IFYC's research is informing public policy, and our growing network of alumni are advancing interfaith cooperation and advocating for religious pluralism in various areas of American life. Learn more at IFYC.org.
• Maintains branding and functionality of ifyc.org to ensure the site fully supports the marketing and communications objectives of the organization
• Responds to organization-wide requests for website edits or additions using a ticket system
• Makes regular back end web updates through Drupal CMS system
• Plans site design by clarifying goals with internal stakeholders and designs mock ups and wireframes in response to program area briefs
• Builds responsive and engaging landing pages
• Performs multiple device testing before page roll outs
• Performs UX/UI review of current website and offers recommendations for improvements, including plotting optimal user journeys
• Designs graphics for use outside of IFYC’s website - such as infographics, social media graphics, and email graphics/icons/banners
• Shoots short videos and edits for external sharing, inclusion on social media or website
• Ensures website functionality and stability across devices i.e. desktop, mobile, tablet
• Oversees management of contracts and spend versus budget, with external web support agency
• Liaises with external back-end developers to ensure web logic is properly integrated
• Ensures Google Analytics account is correctly structured and fully integrated with other tools
• Reviews website data capture mechanisms and offer recommendations on how we maximize data capture
• Performs SEO audits and continuously optimizes for organic rankings
• Works with internal web content contributors to ensure content is optimized for SEO
• Analyzes, reports out and continuously optimizes current website for best performance (load times, bounce rates, traffic volume and source etc.)
• Inputs into and manages delivery of web roadmap, both through internally led projects and in partnership with external web support agency
• Acts as brand guardian for online spaces and develops web specific guidelines
• Constantly seeks to improve ifyc.org by staying abreast of the latest trends and tools in the field, as well as latest compliance requirements.
• 3-5 years’ experience in developing creative UX/UI solutions - mock ups, wireframes and websites - in response to client/internal briefs
• Experience of working in CMS systems (Drupal & Wix)
• Advanced Google Analytics skills – structuring account, reporting and optimizing
• Proven SEO experience
• Strong graphic design skills for web (Adobe Photoshop)
• Some knowledge of HTML, CSS and PHP
• Experience working within and applying brand guidelines on web
• Authorization to work in the United States
• Some photography and editing skills
• Experience of editing videos (Adobe Premier Pro)
• Resonance and personal interest in IFYC’s mission and excitement about how we use the web to better reach and communicate with our audiences
• Creative and agile approach to problem-solving – goes above and beyond what’s being asked to find the best possible/most creative solution
• Excellent interpersonal skills and highly collaborative
• Consultative without using jargon and with a strong commitment to excellent client service
• Continuous optimization approach – ensuring we’re achieving highest possible ROI for marketing spend, as it relates to online channels
• Ability to manage and hold external vendors accountable
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Location: working from our Chicago Loop office
Application: please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We recommend submitting by June 9th
Start Date: approximately July 8th
Interfaith Youth Core has grown dramatically in the last few years. Since IFYC was founded in 2002, we have gone from running programs in church, mosque, and synagogue basements; to training hundreds of college students; to expanding our work across entire campuses, including staff and faculty; to making interfaith cooperation a priority across higher education. Because of this growth, we’re ever adapting and changing. We look for people who set audacious goals and love that one day may not be like the next. We are serious about our mission of making interfaith cooperation a social norm. Just as our mission celebrates religious and non-religious diversity, cultivating an inclusive workplace and engaging diversity is part of our core values. IFYC welcomes your whole self and encourages people of all identities to apply.
The Web/Multimedia Designer position requires the ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to: maintain regular attendance; work cooperatively with others; adhere to IFYC personnel policies and safety rules; sit and/or stand for extended periods of time; operate standard office equipment, including computers, telephones, photocopiers, and projectors; communicate orally, in writing, and via computers and digital devices; and requires close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, transcribe, view a computer terminal and other office equipment.
IFYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Reasonable accommodation will be provided as needed to enable qualified applicants with a disability to participate in pre-employment procedures.