Interfaith Leadership Institutes (ILIs) equip undergraduate students and their staff or faculty advisors with the skills to engage diverse religious and non-religious identities to build the interfaith movement on their campuses.
- Students train to be interfaith leaders who build relationships across identities, tell powerful stories to bridge divides, and learn about ways to mobilize their campuses.
- Staff and faculty share best practices about how to be an ally to student leaders, partner with their students to create change on their campuses, and network with other higher education professionals.
- All participants get a chance to build relationships, network, and share best practices with other people from across the country who are passionate about interfaith work. Additionally, everyone will have the opportunity to access key resources and strategies for mobilizing their campuses for interfaith cooperation, such as Better Together, a network of young interfaith leaders changing the world through interfaith cooperation.
Any undergraduate student and their staff or faculty advisor(s) at a college or university within the United States is eligible to attend. Please note that in order to be eligible to attend an ILI, staff and faculty members must bring at least one undergraduate student with them from their university. Graduate students are considered the same as allies at IFYC and must serve in an advisor or staff role to undergraduate students on their campus in order to be eligible to attend.
Want more details? Learn about what happens at the ILI with answers to our most frequently asked questions.
Registration - The standard fee to attend an ILI is $299 (lodging and travel not included). Make sure to check the registration pages for discount and scholarship information.
Atlanta ILI: January 27-29, 2017
Registration is now open for Atlanta. Keep the following dates in mind:
- Early Bird Deadline: December 15, 2016 at midnight CST
- Final Deadline: January 12, 2017 at midnight CST
Chicago ILI: August 11-13, 2017
Registration opens March 2, 2017
- Early Bird Deadline: June 1, 2017
- Final Registration Deadline: July 20, 2017